A quick and easy supper for 2.
150g Pasta Shapes
30ml Rapeseed Oil
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
1 Bay leaf
1 medium Carrot, cut into Julienne (thin strips)
1 medium Courgette, cut into Julienne (thin strips)
100g Mushrooms, sliced
400g Tomatoes (tinned or fresh, chopped)
Salt & pepper to taste
25g Fresh Parmesan, grated
1. Put a large pan of water on to boil for your pasta.
2. Heat your oil and gently fry the onion, garlic and bay leaf together until the onion is transparent.
3. Add your carrot, mushrooms and courgettes and cook for a further 2 minutes on a high heat.
4. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
5. Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
6. To the juices in your pan, add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Return the vegetables to the pan to warm through.
8. Drain the pasta.
9. Add the pasta to your vegetables and mix well.
10. Serve sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan.
North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.