1 medium onion, chopped
2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
500g Lean minced beef
1 Beef stock cube
5ml (1tsp) Chilli flakes (or more, if you're feeling brave & like it hot!)
400g Can chopped tomatoes
15ml (1tbs) Tomato purée
10ml (2tsp) Oregano
1 can Red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1. Heat your oil gently in a saucepan.
2. Add the onion & garlic and cook until softened.
3. Add your minced beef & cook until browned.
4. Add the stock cube, chilli flakes, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano and kidney beans.
5. Bring to the boil & cook on a gentle simmer for at least 30 mins (uncovered) or for an hour (with the lid on).
Serve with boiled rice, grated cheese, soured cream & tortilla crisps.
* if it's not hot enough, you can add extra chilli flakes, a chopped fresh chilli, or some Tabasco sauce.
Basmati rice the Rosie way...
1. Tip the quantity of rice you want into a large jug.
2. Pour over boiling water to cover plus about 1-2cm above.
3. Stir to break up any clumps.
4. Leave it alone while you.
5. Bring a large pan of cold water to the boil.
6. Stir then drain your rice.
7. Add the rice to your boiling water, stir & return to the boil.
8. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
9. Cook uncovered for about 7 mins until the grains have started to fluff & it's cooked (taste a few grains to check).
10. Drain & serve.
**You're wasting your money if you add oil to the water. Oil is lighter than water and simply floats on the surface whilst your rice sits below the surface. It doesn't stop your rice grains from sticking together (you pour it down the sink when you drain your rice)