10 Wholewheat crackers (or Cream Crackers or 2 slices of bread, crumbed)
Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped (use 1tbs dried if you don't have fresh)
15ml (1tbs) Wholegrain mustard (or any mustard you find in your fridge!)
1 Large egg
1 Medium onion, finely chopped
1 Red chilli, finely chopped
2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
500g Minced beef (try to choose leaner beef if you can, as it'll ooze less fat when you cook it)
Salt & pepper
1. Tip all of your ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Get your hands in there and squish it all together until fully combined.
3. Divide into 8 equal(ish) portions.
4. Flatten into evenly shaped rounds resembling a burger (make sure they're about the same thickness so they all cook at the same time).
5. Preheat a griddle pan until very hot.
6. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Serve in a roll with some tomato chutney, cheese & a bit of salad.
See, I told you it was easy!
If you don't want to use them all now, simply place a piece of waxed/grease proof paper between each one, bag them up and put into a freezer. Defrost before cooking.
If you want to be all evenly shaped and pretty looking, you can buy a burger press with waxed discs fairly cheaply online or even from some of the supermarkets.