30ml Rapeseed oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 each, red, green and yellow pepper, sliced
2 medium courgettes, sliced
225g Mushrooms, sliced
400g can Chopped tomatoes
15ml Tomato Puree
Salt & Pepper to taste
275g Pasta shapes
25g Plain flour
115g Cheddar cheese, grated
50g Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
Parsley to garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C.
2. Heat your oil and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add the peppers, courgettes and mushrooms, then fry for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, bring to the boil and simmer (uncovered) for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
5. Season to taste.
6. Meanwhile cook your pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until al dente (just firm).
7. Drain your pasta and rinse well under cold water to cool.
8. Place your flour, butter and milk into a saucepan and heat gently, whisking constantly until you have a smooth, thick sauce.
9. Add your pasta and half of your grated Cheddar cheese to the sauce and stir until the cheese has melted.
10. Spoon the vegetable mixture into a shallow, ovenproof, dish and top with the pasta and cheese sauce.
11. Sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese and the Parmesan.
12. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden.
13. Serve garnished with chopped parsley.