North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Saturday 20 September 2014

Whittards Cold Brew Tea Bottle

Being a lover of fruit teas, I was very pleased to be sent a Cold Brew Tea Bottle (RRP £20) from Whittards along with two packets of their teas; the Very Berry Burst fruit infusion and the Mango and Bergamot a Flavoured Green Tea.


The tea bottle is a glass bottle, with a filter/strainer that fits inside and a rubber top with a stopper, looking much like a wine bottle.  By infusing the tea slowly, you get all of the mild, rich flavour with none of the bitterness. It's incredibly easy to use too; you simply add 5-7 teaspoons (15g) of your tea leaves to the bottle, fill with cold water to the top mark, place the cap on, swirl the bottle to mix and then refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight).


I made my first bottle using the Very Berry tea and left it overnight to infuse.  The following morning the tea was a rich, fruity red with a clean taste, no bitterness and very refreshing.  To serve, you simply swirl bottle to mix, allow the leaves to settle for a short while and then pour.  The inbuilt filter stops the leaves coming out into your glass. I enjoyed mine at my desk at work throughout the day, but this would be a perfect drink to accompany a meal, a picnic or just a refreshing non alcoholic drink at the end of the day.

I'm now getting through a bottle of this tea a day and as it's sugar free, it's the perfect tasty, low calorie way to remain hydrated.

I was sent the Cold Brew Tea Bottle and teas free of charge from Whittards.  I was not under any obligation to write a review, positive or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...