North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Sunday 28 September 2014

Jamaican Jerk Chicken Stroganoff

2tbs Oil
3 Chicken breasts, cubed
1 Clove garlic, crushed
1 Red Pepper sliced
½ Yellow Pepper, sliced
1 Red onion, diced
1tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
¼ Knorr Mixed Chillies Flavour Pot (or to taste)
6 Cherry tomatoes, quartered
150ml Single cream
25ml Boiling water
Chopped basil
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped parsley, to serve
Smoked Paprika, to serve

1. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
2. Add the chicken pieces and fry until golden on all sides.
3. Add the garlic, peppers, onion, Jamaican jerk seasoning, ¼ Knorr Flavour Pot and cook until the onion is transparent.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes, cream, boiling water and chopped basil.
5. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 15 minutes until cooked through.
6. Taste the sauce and season according to your personal taste.
7. Serve with tagliatelle or spaghetti and sprinkle with chopped parsley and a dusting of smoked paprika.


I only added ¼ of the Knorr Mixed Chillies Flavour Pot as I don't like really hot and spicy foods, and this provided more than enough heat for me. These Flavour Pots are potent and I would recommend adding less than you think you need and adjusting as necessary with more if it's not hot enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...