For the roast chicken:
1 large chicken
2 sweet potatoes, quartered
2 medium onions, quartered
200ml cold water
For the curry:
30ml/2tbs Mango chutney (or to taste)
80g Clearspring Quick Cook Organic Rice Trio (per person)
Fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat the oven to 180C.
2. Turn the chicken onto it's breast and, using a pair of robust scissors, cut down each side of the spine to remove it.
3. Turn the chicken over and open out the legs and the wings.
4. Press down on the ribcage until it cracks and the chicken flattens out.
5. Peel and quarter the sweet potatoes and onions.
6. Place into the centre of a large roasting dish and place the chicken on top, breast & skin side up.
7. Pour in 200ml cold water & cover tightly with foil.
8. Roast for 1 1/2-2 hours until well cooked.
9. Remove the chicken from the pan, cover and allow to rest.
10. Pour the meat juices, sweet potato and onions into a saucepan and add the Knorr Curry Flavour Pot.
11. Bring to the boil and then add the mango chutney, adjusting the quantity to taste.
12. Blitz the curry sauce with a stick blender until smooth.
13. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the Clearspring rice trio.
14. Gently boil the rice for 10 minutes, or until cooked and then drain.
15. Meanwhile, flake the chicken into pieces.
16. Serve the rice, making a hollow in the centre.
17. Add the flaked chicken to the centre of the rice and spoon some curry sauce over the top.
18. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with naan bread.
The Clearspring Rice Trio was sent to me free of charge to sample. All other ingredients were purchased by me personally and were not sponsored. I was under no obligation to publish content using the box of rice sent to me. We found the rice trio combination to be tasty, as well as enjoying the different textures of the Basmati, long grain brown and the Wholegrain rice.