North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Friday 15 August 2014

Restaurant Review - Byron Hamburgers - Greenwich Promenade

One Sunday evening, in London, my husband, daughter and I, all with healthy appetites and ready for dinner, found ourselves in Byron Hamburgers on the East Pavilion, Greenwich Promenade.  A busy area of London next to the Cutty Sark; an iconic tourist hotspot in the Capital.

Requesting a table overlooking the river Thames looking towards the Docklands, we were shown up to the roof terrace and invited to take our seats by our friendly waitress.


On taking our order, we enjoyed the views until our drinks and starters of tortilla chips with a tomato salsa and guacamole arrived.  Whilst both dips were very tasty, I did find the salsa to be on the watery side.

The hamburgers we ordered; a Classic for my husband comprising a 6oz burger, served with lettuce, tomato, red onion and mayonnaise whilst my daughter and I chose a Byron burger - served with dry cured bacon, mature cheddar cheese, iceburg lettuce, red onion and 'Byron' sauce.  We chose all of our burgers to be well done (the norm is for them to be served medium, unless otherwise requested by the customer).


For our side orders we chose Fries which were served thin & crispy, Onion Rings made from thick slices of battered onions served in a crispy batter as well as Courgette Fries; fingers of courgette coated with batter and fried until crispy on the outside.


The Scottish beef is freshly ground and served on a soft and airy bun.  The meat is succulent and tender whilst remaining moist. The staff here are attentive and friendly without being pushy and obtrusive.  I'd certainly recommend this branch to anyone in the area; it's well worth a visit.

Our meals were paid for personally. I was not invited to dine at Byron Hamburgers, nor have I received compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...