North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Monday 31 March 2014

Virtual Come Dine with Me with Russell Hobbs and Chicken Liver Pate

I was invited to create and share the first course of a 'Virtual Blogger Come Dine with Me' event for Russell Hobbs using one of their exciting, newly launched, Illumina range of kitchen equipment.  I was sent the 3-in-1 Hand Blender with has an RRP of £49.99 to try out.  This is a sleek and stylish looking black and stainless steel gadget that packs a powerful 700w punch of power.  Add this a coloured illuminated ring with colour coded speeds which you choose and nothing can be simpler!  It includes the stick blender; great for purees, smoothies and shakes.  The whisk that you can whip up a decadent topping of cream for any dessert or your smoothies, for a (not so calorie free) treat.  The 1000ml beaker supplied is great to use with the stick blender to make your smoothies in, whilst the 750ml chopping bowl is perfect for breadcrumbs, herbs, vegetables and fruit.


Using this easy to create recipe for my Chicken Liver Pate, I'm kicking off this week's cyber Come Dine with Me party.  I can't wait for the main course that Carmela's creating for you on Wednesday and of course, as every girl loves, the dessert which is being created by Julie on Friday!

4 Shallots
100g Butter, unsalted
1tsp Oregano
1tsp Sage
1tsp Thyme
400g Chicken livers
2tbs Madeira
Salt and Pepper to taste


Peel the shallots and cut in half.  Place in the hand chopping bowl and pulse on speed 3 (green - Purees/Chopping) until roughly chopped.


Wash and trim the livers then cut into evenly sized pieces.


Melt the butter in a non stick frying pan over a gentle heat and cook the shallots until transparent. Be careful not to burn the butter.


Add the herbs, livers and Madeira.


Cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until cooked through.


Allow to cool for a few minutes then tip into the beaker.


Using the stick blender on speed 3 (green - Purees/Chopping) puree the pate until smooth.


Tip into an earthenware dish, decorate with fresh bay leaves and chill until cold and set.


Serve with crackers, a bit of fresh salad and some of my homemade Apple & Sultana Chutney with a Chilli Kick.



So, now you've seen what I started the meal with, please go and see what Carmela has cooked up for the main course for you on Wednesday.

The obvious beauty of a non-TV version of Come Dine with Me is that there's no strangers sitting on my bed, opening my cupboards and looking through my drawers!

Thanks to Russell Hobbs for sending me the Illumina 3-in-1 Hand Blender to review and also for the Sainsbury's shopping voucher to compensate for the time and ingredients for this event.



1 comment:

  1. Gosh it's years since I made a chicken liver pate, lovely rich flavour. Beautifully presented, I give you 8/10 ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...