North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Thursday 30 January 2014

Aldi Wine Review

There's nothing better than being sent a bottle of wine, other than being sent 4 bottles of wine that is! Thanks to Aldi's PR company, that's exactly what I was sent; two bottles of red and two of white to review.

Aldi has long been a 'go to' place to buy our wine and I know several of our friends rate their wines highly too, so it was lovely to be sent 4 different ones to try.
The first to be opened was the Bordeaux SupĂ©rieur 2011 at £4.99 a bottle. A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes from the Bordeaux region of France.  Hubby is the red wine drinker in the house and found this to be both richly fruity and well rounded; a perfect accompaniment to a roast beef dinner, perhaps. Though it's equally enjoyable after a long day at work.  The tasting notes detail this wine as having the aroma of raspberry & blackberry with spicy notes and a tannin structure. 
The white I chose to open first was the Chardonnay from the Limestone Coast of South Australia at £5.99 a bottle. This was a 2013 What Food/What Wine winner that they matched with a Chicken Korma. In my opinion, it's certainly a light, crisp and well balanced wine which is very drinkable when nicely chilled, with your feet up & relaxing after a day in the office. What comes across initially from this wine are the flowery scents followed by a light fruity taste. The tasting notes actually tell you that these come from honeysuckle, white peach and pineapple.
It's my birthday this Sunday, so, as I'm sure you can imagine, a glass or two will be enjoyed with family and friends and a toast raised to the generosity of Aldi and their PR company who kindly sent me these wines to review.  I'll let you know how we find the Rioja at £6.29 and the Sauvignon Blanc-Viognier at £5.99.

These wines were sent to me free of charge by Clarion Communications; the PR company for ALDI UK. I was under no obligation to provide a favourable review of the products that I was sent. The opinions stated are those of myself and my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...