North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Thursday 26 December 2013

Quick Red Onion Relish

This is a great & quick dish to serve alongside any dish of meat, or even with some cheese & a wedge of bread.  Very versatile indeed!

2 Red onions
25g Butter
1 heaped Tsp Sugar
10ml Balsamic vinegar

1. Slice the onions.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. Fry the onions until they soften.
4. Add the sugar and cook for a few minutes until the onions start to break down.
5. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook further for a few minutes until the relish becomes sticky & syrup-like.
6. Serve hot as an accompaniment with a meal or allow to cool and serve with cheese & cold meats.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...