175g Caster sugar
175g Self Raising Flour
5ml Baking powder
5ml Vanilla extract
1 Lemon rind & juice
1 Lemon juice
100g Granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Grease & line an 18cm/7" deep round tin.
3. Beat all the ingredients for the cake together for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
4. Pour into your prepared tin & level the top.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Whilst the cake is baking, mix together the lemon juice and sugar for the topping.
7. As soon at the cake comes out of the oven, spread the topping mixture evenly over it whilst it's still hot.
8. Leave the cake in the tin to cool completely.
9. Turn out on to a serving plate.