Which came complete with some fabulous ingredients with which to create my picnic recipe.
I came up with this chicken recipe that can either be enjoyed hot or left to cool, sliced and enjoyed cold with a salad on your picnic.
1tsp Maille au Miele (honey mustard)
1 Knorr chicken stock cube
2 slices of bread, toasted and left to cool
4 Chicken breasts
2 tbs Hellmans Mayonnaise
2 tbs Colemans sweet chilli & mango sauce
1. Beat the egg and the mustard together and place onto a dinner plate.
2. Blitz together the toast and the stock cube to become crumbs, then tip onto a separate dinner plate.
3. Place a chicken breast between two layers of cling film and beat until about 1cm thick all over.
4. Repeat with the other 3 chicken breasts.
5. Dip both sides of the flattened chicken breasts in the egg & mustard mixture and then coat on both sides with the toast crumb and stock cube.
6. Heat the Bertolli spread in a frying pan and cook each side of the chicken breasts until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Mix the mayonnaise with the sweet chilli & mango sauce.
8. Serve the chicken hot, or allow to cool and then slice into strips about 2cm wide to serve with your picnic salad.
I served mine hot with fried sweet potato, a fresh leafy salad and a chunk of warm ciabatta.
Perfect and enjoyable served either way!